08 February 2009

Clarifying Light

Sitting here, it all starts to make sense
Everything that was, everything that is
All within my view, my understanding
Darkness had been my daily companion
Light had seemed far away, out of reach
Sinister demons promised me their misery
Alone, I began to fear joy was unattainable

The “is”, so different from the “use to be”
Light surrounds as I sit in quiet thoughts
The burning glare of darkness is not here
Sunshine brings me laughter, happiness
Peace fills my soul and I begin to hope
Protective angels gently hold my hand
My mind grows large as I begin to see

The future is no longer a clouded dream
I have focus, a view, a clear perspective
Like putting glasses on for the first time
I stare in wonder at what is yet to come
The darkness is no longer overwhelming
Spirits light my path, they guide me on
One thing’s certain: Joy’s within my reach

2 comments:

  1. Love it Cindy. For a sec I thought you were giving up on this. I really like you contrast between darkness and the light. Maybe I've just been doing too many structuralism arguments in English class though....

    Either way. Great job. Your whole theme here reminds me of that one song about the girl that "thinks that happiness is a map that sits on her doorway." You are really inspiring. You'll get there. :) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't give up. I'm not the best at posting, but I don't give up. I plan on doing something at least once a week. we'll see what happens with that.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of others' opinions.