02 February 2013

Day 1 of no negatives challenge

It's the first day and I've already learned stuff. A lot of the things I think about aren't very positive. Especially about myself. But on the other hand I'm already really good at being grateful. I also found myself being more conscious of other people. It's a good start.

One realization I had was it's hard to compliment 5 people when you spend your entire day around 2. Both of them were complimented however, and neither of the compliments were forced. I guess on days I'm not around a lot of people ill compliment who I can.

As I said, I'm good at being grateful so I decided to share what I'm grateful for tonight. It's the most important part of what I've gained from the day.

I'm grateful for:

1- My wonderful husband, Chris. I am so incredibly blessed to have him. He ran errands all morning for his mom and then still helped me with things all evening. One patient and kind man!

2- The sunshine. I love the sun.

3- The warm weather here. I walked around in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops and was warm.

4- For the opportunity I have to go to school. I've only been in class for 2 weeks and I'm already learning so much! I love it.

5- My mil. I got lucky there too. I have the best mil ever. She's always telling me how great I am. She has never once complained to me about stuff I'm doing wrong--and that's even with me living with her!!

6- My bed. I have an awesome bed. When I was up in Utah I told my sister I missed my bed. She said she missed my bed too, and she'd only slept on it once--for a nap. My bed is that good.

7- My crafty/creative side. It helps me get a lot of stuff done that I couldn't otherwise.

8- My spatial thinking. I got to puzzle today and "seeing" how things go together helped a lot.

9- Prayer. God is good and talking with Him makes bad days go better. I love prayer time.

10- My family. They're incredibly living and supportive. They're the reason I turned out so amazing. ;)

I really could keep going but that's 10 things and I'm tired--it's past my bedtime. Check back tomorrow and I'll have more. Oh, and feel free to comment on your experiences as well.


1 comment:

Please be respectful of others' opinions.