I've been sick the last couple days and tonight I don't have very much time, but I wanted to write a few words at least.
Overall things are going good. I still have a hard time with the complimenting thing unless I'm around little kids. Or Chris. He gets more compliments than almost any one and 90% of them are from me. Probably closer to 99%.
Which brings me today's post. 4 years ago today Chris and I had the "we're holding hands and hanging out all the time, does that mean we're exclusively dating each other?" Conversation. 3 years ago today he proposed. Today is our Valentine's day. But better because it actually means something.
There has not been a day I have regretted my decision to date him exclusively, and not a day has gone by where I have questioned my decision to marry him. He is the best thing that could have happened to me. The last few years were made millions of times better with him by my side. Everyday I thank God for allowing Chris to be part of my life.
It's not that we have a perfect marriage. We don't. But we both look for the good and either talk about the bad or decide it's not worth worrying about. And we're friends. That's my favorite part. My best friend lives with me and I can turn to him any time, day or night, and he will literally be there for me. What more could a girl ask for?
The reason I'm posting this here is twofold: one, it's the important part of my day today. Two, finding the good and being grateful for strangers, acquaintances, and friends is great, but without treating those you're closest to that way, you're missing the point. Take a good look at how you can improve your relationship with someone you're close to and do it. I will be doing it to--but not with Chris. That one is always getting better without special focus and I have other relationships where I need to improve.
Remember new friends are silver and old ones are gold. Don't let the gold tarnish or get destroyed. Go ahead and add as much silver as you want, but hang onto the gold.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be respectful of others' opinions.