Today I'm exhausted. I spent over 5 hours of my day working on math/prepping for my test. Add that to the 3 hours of Geology, the 20 minute commute each way to and from campus (which I did twice today), the breaks for lunch and dinner, and the mental break I took for an hour, and you can understand why today wore me out. Then consider that I've been doing 2-4 hours of math every day this week. If I don't do well on that math test tomorrow, I will not be very happy. So, since I'm having a positive February, I'm going to do great! :P
Today, being so worn out and mentally dead, I decided the best way to help me feel better is to point out the good sides if this situation. College can be rough, but there are benefits.
10 reasons I'm grateful to be back in school (in no particular order):
1) I get to meet lots of new people. Being a social person, this whole not knowing anyone/not having very many friends thing has been hard. Now I get hours a day with people. It's great.
2) There are sooo many exciting things to learn about!!! Geology and math are my favorite subjects. Yeah, I'm a nerd.
3) This gives me a chance to prove to myself I can do it. Before I knew I was bipolar I beat myself up a lot about things I couldn't do, or struggled with. One of those things was college. This time around I am on medicine, emotionally balanced, seeing a counselor, and so far being more dedicated than I ever was before. Every day I feel more confident about my ability to succeed. It's awesome!!
4) Having a routine and schedule helps me stay balanced. There have been no bad highs and no bad lows. I've experienced normal stuff, but I'm in control and that is wonderful.
5) I'm staying busy which also helps me stay balanced. It's easy to get depressed if you don't have enough to do. Having too much is also a bad idea, but I'm in a busy without going crazy place.
6) I get to spend time in the fresh air every day. Right now it's perfect weather too.
7) I get thinking time driving to and from school. Just me, the road, and my car. When I'm not in a hurry and not feeling anxious, those times are often some of my favorite parts of the day.
8) I'm tired at night. This makes it easier to fall asleep and stay asleep. Less insomnia. Good stuff there.
9) I'm learning a lot about myself: what I'm good at, areas I need to improve, things I like, things I don't like, my capabilities, etc. The list could go on.
10) I'm fulfilling a dream all while preparing for my future. What could be better than that?
Really, I love being at CAC and I'm grateful for the opportunity, even if it means I eat, sleep, and breath math until my test is over.
Have a good night!!
Thanks to the people who created this picture!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please be respectful of others' opinions.